Full Foot Fins are also called pool fins or Swimming fins and are shaped like a shoe, are worn barefoot and therefore only used for warm water.
In the past (around 1960) mostly made of black or blue rubber and with a triangular blade, today it’s usually an elongated blade on colored plastic with streamline channels. This type of fin is often used in Snorkeling and Scuba Diving.
These are the most basic fins; a pair of simple stiff plastic, composite, or rubber blades that work as extensions of the feet while kicking. Some paddle fins have channels and grooves to improve power and efficiency
Tests in women showed a more flexible fin to be more economical, most likely due to lower leg power.
Here are our recommendations for Snorkeling full foot fins
Mares Avanti TRE Full Foot Fins
- Tri-Material Construction, Soft Anatomical Orthopedic Foot Pocket, Rugged, Durable Construction
- Good Thrust in an Economical Fin, Channel Thrust Technology, 3-Channels for Optimal Movement of Water During Kicking Cycle
- Design Inspired by Marine Mammals, Greater Thrusting Power, Superior Comfort and Performance, Soft Comfortable Foot Pocket
- Upper & Lower Stabilizers, Transfer Energy from Foot Pocket to Blade, Easy Kick for Extended Snorkeling Time
- Manufactured from Tecralene, Thermoplastic Rubber, Mid-Sized Blade, Perfect for Travel to Warm Water Locations
Mares Volo Race
- All the advantages of the volo power in a full foot design
- Orthopedic foot pocket, optimized pivoting blade
- Super channel technology, soft comfortable foot pocket
- Tecralene and thermoplastic rubber construction
- Vented for less fatigue, constant thrust, and produces fluid movement
Cressi Reaction Pro Full Foot Fins
- A soft and comfortable material in the foot pocket and side reinforcement bars to prevent rubbing and soreness of the feet and also to help protect the fin from bumps and knocks against other objects.
- A rigid polymer is used in the main sections of the blade to provide structure and strength to control the shape of the blade during kicking.
- A flexible silicone based material to give flexibility between the rigid panels, allowing the blade to form the channel shape.
- Cressi is a REAL diving, snorkeling and swimming Italian brand, since 1946.
- A lightweight and full foot fin, ideal for snorkeling and scuba diving. Made in Italy by Cressi’s manufactory.
- Made by molding three different materials (a Cressi patented construction system) to give high performance, extreme lightness, easy fining, and comfort.
- The blade is made from light and reactive polypropylene, it is very-energetic and has snappy rebound. The result is powerful, fluid and untiring kick.
- The foot pocket extends along the bottom of the blade to give protection during fining even in shallow water and near rocks.
ScubaPro Seawing Nova Full Foot Fins
- Built with a space-age Monprene elastomer that is virtually indestructible. Ergo-fit foot pocket is low profile to prevent chafing and blistering on the ankle and Achilles tendon.
- Extended toe box enhances comfort during extended bottom times. Power Rails under the extended footplate offer efficient power transfer.
- Proprietary G4 articulated joint allows the entire blade to pivot and generate thrust. Wing-shaped blade creates a near-perfect balance of stiffness and flex.
- Variable Blade Geometry wing tips arc upwards, providing more power and increasing stability. Pivot Control Technology ensures that the most efficient 45º angle of attack is maintained no matter how easy or hard you kick.
- A well-engineered heel pad, mid-sole pad, and rough surface design provide a dependable grip on slippery boat decks or dive ladders.
Description of the different forms of Fins:
Interested to join us as a Marine Life Conservation Volunteer?
Check it out here